BLUWS’s Aims and Objectives
- To support and provide education for the poor, meritorious,
destitute and orphaned
- Buddhist Education: To provide and support education
on the basis of the Lord Buddha’s message of universal love, compassion,
tolerance, mutual respect, peace and Non-violence.
- Moral Education: To support to preserve and practice
the moral code of five precepts- to refrain from killing living beings, to
refrain from stealing, to refrain from adultery, to refrain from speaking lie
and to refrain from taking intoxicants.
- Formal Education: To support and provide education
for all from KG levels to the university levels.
- Non-formal Education: To support and provide
education for the senior citizens as well as who do not attend formal
and Technical Education: To support and provide Vocational and Technical
education- computing, driving, mechanical training, tailoring, embroidering,
carpentry, weaving, lathe, drilling and welding training etc to the students,
young and unemployed persons.
- To support and work out for world peace
according to The Buddha’s peace approach.
- Buddhist Meditation: To support and
provide Buddhist Meditation to all so that people can find inner peace as well
as outer peace.
- Cooperation: To cooperate with
individuals, inter-cultural and religious organizations, private and Government
sectors and NGOs working for world peace.
support towards unifications of people, communities, races, religions and
nations in order to create a harmonious and peaceful globe. (Unity)
support and work out all activities that bring happiness, peace, welfare,
prosperity, sustainable development and a way to get rid of all sufferings to
all -irrespective of race, religion, creed and sex based on Buddha’s message.
- Children welfare program
- Youth development and welfare program
Citizen Welfare program
- Village family and community development program
- Humanitarian support program
- Human rights protection program
- Self-dependent program
- Health care and awareness program
- Environment protection program
- Socio-cultural-religious program
- Socio-economic development program
- Agricultural development program
- Spiritual counseling program
- Inter-cultural and
and dialogue program
- To support
and cooperate with all individuals, sectors and organizations that working for
the same ends.
Page updated 8th August 2001